Friday, September 29, 2023

shots shot

 Jackie and I got our shots yesterday


    No, I did not get distemper and kennel cough , although maybe I should.

    We got our Covid and flu shots.  Emily was very gentle in giving them to us.

    The mystery of the tree occupied much of my mind time yesterday.  Well, that and watching the Cubs blow another one.  We got so discouraged we switched it off and watched the latest episode of Only Murders in the Building.  By the way, if you have not watched it, it is on Hulu and is a neat series. It's funny, and mysterious, and has three great stars in Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez and I think I spelled her name wrong.

    But I digress.  Again.

    I felt a little uncomfortable in the middle of the night.  I slept, but was up about 4 times for various reasons. I did keep checking the back yard for deer, bears, and Yetis.  Non appeared.

    When I woke up this morning every muscle in my body hurt.  I felt queasy and was tired.  Jackie, on the other hand, was fine.

    I took it easy because I hurt so much.  At about 2:30 I sat in my chair  to read and ..... well, I did not read much.

    Julia had an appointment at 4 and left about 3:30.

    When I got up, I looked around and noticed there was no Julia.  Jackie was watching TV but she did not know where Julia was.

    Julia had come upstairs from work, showered, dressed, let the dog out, and left.....and Jackie and I slept through it all.

    Funny thing is, I am still tired.  My muscles don't hurt and I am not queasy, but I am dragging my butt around the house.

    Hopefully this will be short term.

    I did go out and take some pictures of fungi in the front.

    I lay down on the ground for a better angle......poor choice for a 75 year old.  Getting up was hell!

Peace and Love




Looking down






No comments:

Post a Comment