Monday, September 4, 2023

drat

 I will  tell you one problem with retirement


    I sometimes lose track of time.  

    For example, our friend Steve has a birthday Sept. 3.  Every year we are late with his card, mainly because we give it to him in person and people get busy.

    This year we had the card, invited them over today for dinner and cards, and when he walked in the door I said. "Happy birthday!  And we are even on time!"

    I swear...I thought today was Sept. 3!  Late again, which I know comes as no surprise to a lot of people.

    Julia has an ap on her phone that told her the Starlink satellites were going to pass over about 8:15.  So we all went into the driveway and gazed away.  We eventually saw the link pass from the west to the southeast.  It was pretty darn neat to see.

    I know in the past people have seen it and reported it as a UFO or something.  But it seems to be more well known now.  But I bet some people will still report it as a possible alien invasion.

    I believe it will be over Rochelle again tomorrow night around 8:15-8:30.  Look towards the southwest and you may see the link as it moves quickly across the sky.

    The link is actually a line of small communications satellites that will be deployed around the Earth.  The line we saw tonight had maybe 20 satellites.  It sort of lookslike a zipper streaking through the sky.

    Another technological innovation that is improving communications for countries everywhere.  

    Now if there was a way to keep me posted on what day it was........

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment