Wednesday, December 28, 2022

resolutions?

 I am wondering about resolutions for 23


    I need to make some to improve my life, and my outlook on life.

    For instance, the scale yelled at me today.  I should make resolutions about weight loss, exercise, and self control.

    I have some unfinished books.  I should make a resolution to set aside a specific time each day to write, edit, or revise my works.

    I procrastinate.  I should make a resolution about doing things right away.  More importantly, a resolution to finish one thing before I start another.

    But if I do all that, I will be overwhelmed with resolutions and will likely binge on cookies and gain even more weight.

    Resolutions are tough.  They need to be achievable and life altering.  Why make one and stick to it if it does not improve your life?

    Several years ago I resolved to write a blog every day about my boring life.  Well, this is post 3,278.  The blog has had over 261,000 views.  I think it is the one resolution I have ever kept!

    Has it improved my life?  I  think so.  I have been able to share weird stories, sad stories, funny stories, with people I don't see on a regular basis.  I have been able to "connect" with people in Wisconsin, New York, Massachusettes, Maryland, Florida, Colorado and Switzerland, among other places. We have kept in touch through the blog, with their likes and comments boosting my morale and keeping me connected with the real world.

    That has been hard lately.  Today I was lucky to have Julie from the Big Apple and Dan and Linda come over for wine and great conversation.  It was a nice afternoon of talk and sip, and I truly apprediated it.  Jackie and Julia were also part of the gathering, but they did not sip.

    It was a very good wine.....thanks for bringing it.

Peace and Love


    

    



No comments:

Post a Comment