Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas

It's about 11, and I think I am tired 


    This day always seems to go so fast.  I barely talked to my nephew and my brother in law and never called my brother.  Between opening gifts and getting dinner ready, it was a hectic day.

    But a fun one.

    As a couple of us sat around the table, we talked about traditions.

    Now, I have broken some of my traditions.  I did not watch It's a Wonderful Life, nor did I stay up late wrapping presents Christmas Eve.  I did read Christmas Carol, even though I did not think I would.

    One tradition I have, and I am the only one in the family (go figure) that does this, is to take plain, white newsprint and wrap presents with it.  Then I draw on the paper.

    I figure the paper is cheap, recyclable, and since it is an end roll of newspaper, not much use for anyone.  When I got an actual newspaper, I would save the Sunday comics and use those.  But those days are gone for me.

    So, to enlighten you all, here are some of this years presents.


I got a hammer!!!!

I forgot to take a picture first.  Santa sent this to Jackie.  Note the stamps.

Just some guy with an orange tint and blond hair behind bars.

Julia and Emily could pick a mystery present

They could pick apples or strawberries

Can you find Emily?



Her name is in the ornaments



Camryn, it's a teddy bear.

Note the snowman and clever hanging of ornaments!

She actually got a shirt like this

    
My big surprise......a bison for my wildflower garden!  Made of metal, I have to seal it before placing it outside.  But it is really cool!  Now I have to come up with a name!

 


         I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment