Thursday, December 22, 2022

how low can it go

 I have been following the temperatures today

    This morning, when I finally rolled out of bed, it was 29.  As  you all know, that has fallen during the day.

    About an hour ago we were at 1, but now we are -8 with a windchill of -35.  I honestly can't tell the difference between 1 and -8, both are damn cold.

    The house has made few moans, but nothing major.  I think a bird flew into our patio door, but when I went to check I didn't see any thing there.  Hopefully it is ok.

    I think I have plenty of water and batteries on hand in case the power goes.  Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it will not.

    I can't imagine the people living in tents in the cities in this storm's area of influence. 

    It boggles my mind that we can have individuals spending billions on baseball players, going into orbit, buying companies, buying football teams.....and we have people freezing in tents.  In America.  Not some third world country, but here.

    If you had 1 billion to spend, you could build nearly 7,000 1,000 square foot homes and change the lives of thousands of people.  Or you could make a down payment on a new sports stadium.

    Sorry for the negativity.  But some people just have too much money.

    It's now -8 with a -35 windchill. ...same as it was an hour ago.


Peace and Love

   

No comments:

Post a Comment