Thursday, September 22, 2022

done!!

 This turned out to be a done day


    Timing is everything in life, right?  

    Got home from DeKalb yesterday and there was a voice message on our home phone telling me my tire was fixed.  Should have given them my cell number.  So, I went back over today and picked it up.

    They said they found a sharp piece of gravel on the inside of the tire, which caused the three flats.  Plus, they found other debris on the rim.  So now I am good to ride.

    While there I stopped at Gordon's Ace Hardware, which is right by the bike shop.

    I was looking for some gutter spikes and our local Ace was out.

    What a great store!  Wooden floors that creak when you walk on them, bins full of nails and screws, lots of merchandise to buy.  And they had gutter spikes!

    Why do I need gutter spikes?  Good question.  My new compost bin doesn't have any anchors.  You just set it on the ground and put in yard waste.

    But the winds are so strong this year, I knew that would not work.

    I thought I could use gutter spikes to anchor it in place.  I drilled two holes on each side, except the front, and drove the 8 inch spikes into the ground.  I pushed on it and it stays in place.

    I had taken all the compost in my broken bin and loaded it into my yard cart.  Then I gathered up the wasted cucumbers and put it all into the new bin.  Tomorrow I need to throw some water in it to get the process moving.

    Next spring I will be able to pull out the compost and put it back into the garden.

    What I thought would take a couple of hours only took about half an hour.  So I spent some time in the native garden, pulling clover and unwanted grasses.

All in all it was a pretty productive day.

Peace and Love


Yikes!

Double Yikes!

Still a little color showing in my natives



No comments:

Post a Comment