Thursday, December 23, 2021

dang it

 Sometimes timing is everything


    I have a degree in journalism.  I write for a newspaper.  I can take pictures.  Newspapers love a good photo.

    Today I was taking Jackie to a hair appointment.  We were on Flagg Road by the Lutheran Church and there was an accident. 

    It looked like one truck  crossed a center line and hit another truck in the left front.  The truck then left the roadway, knocked down a utility pole, and went into the field.

    It had just happened.  Two cars had stopped to help, but police had not arrived yet.  They were just turning onto Flagg Road as we passed the accident.

    I said maybe I should take a picture for the paper.  But I did not have my phone.  So I asked Jackie for her phone and remembered I had put it in her purse but left her purse in the garage.

    By the time I dropped Jackie off, circled home, picked up phones and my camera, then  drove back toward the accident everything was cleared up except the broken pole.

    What are the odds I would forget my phone and her purse?

    Actually, pretty good I would guess.

    I just hope no one was seriously injured in the accident.  

    This afternoon Julia and I cleaned out a corner of our basement for a temporary wine cellar.  

    When she shipped her goods Nov. 17, we expected it to be February or March before the container arrived.  But the container is coming Monday.

    Most of the cartons go into the storage unit, but the wine comes to the house so it can be in a relatively controlled temperature setting.

    I just hope the moving guys take it down the stairs.  If not, I will be asking for help.  

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment