Thursday, July 29, 2021

that old gang of mine

 Well, it's hard to be a Cub fan tonight


    I really liked Andrew Chafin.  I really liked Ryan Tepara.  But I loved Anthony Rizzo.

    To me he was the face of the Cubs.  Liked to have fun, play the game, interact with the fans......I hope New York appreciates him, though I doubt they will.

    I suppose Kris Bryant will be the next to go.  It seems like yesterday when Bryant, Rizzo, Contreras. Baez and Schwarber were the young core, the core that the team could build around.

    It's a business.  I understand that.

    But I think fans follow players, not just teams.  It's the players that give the team its character.  (English instructors please note the correct use of its and it's.  Your welcome.)

    And Rizzo had character.  From his remarkable go in the stands catches, to his work with young kids with cancer, to his laughter in the dugout...he showed a lot of character.  I will miss him.

    I am drowning my sorrows with a mojito.  So please excuse any mistakes you may find.

    And....in the (    ) comment earlier, I intentionally used the wrong your.  It should be you're.  It was right their in front of you and you missed it, right?

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment