Friday, July 16, 2021

out and about

 We went to the store today


    Jackie has not been in a grocery store since the pandemic started.  We went to one in DeKalb today because they had Illinois peaches.

    Every year I crave Illinois peaches.  Sometimes friends Dan and Linda go to a family function and bring me some back.  But the pandemic put a halt to that.

    So I was pleasantly surprised when Jackie saw the add for Eckert's peaches from Belleville.  

    Why Illinois peaches?

    They are juicy.  The flavor is incredible.  They are not harvested 2 months prior and stored someplace, then shipped out, stored again, then  dumped on the shelves.  These are more freshly picked and just taste better.

    Missouri and Michigan peaches are pretty good also, but I just love the Illinois ones.  I have not yet bit into one.....but I will tomorrow and I hope I am not disappointed.

    But I digress.

    We went through the store almost like it was normal.  We did wear masks because we don't totally trust the rest of the population.

    I think she really liked getting back into the world and out of the house.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment