Monday, July 12, 2021

diggin it

 I am almost finished mulching trees


    Now that may seem exciting, but it is a challenge.

    Three of the trees I have done needed larger circles so I could mow around them.

    There are a few ways to do the circles. 

    I can attach a loop to the tree, tie some string on, and then tie spray paint onto the string, moving it around the tree an d creating a circle that is pretty, well, even.

    I could lay out a hose or similar tubing, make sure it is round, and then spray the ground, again creating a circle that is pretty round.

    Then there is the way I do it.  I take a shovel and cut out what I think is a circle.  After I pull out the grass, I even out the circle.

    For example, the circle on the house side was a little off.  So I evened it.  But then the circle on the neighbor's side was a little too small, so I evened it to match the house side, thereby throwing off the garden side circle.  After cutting the circle several times, I noticed I was now in the neighbor's yard and the circle around my tree resembled a mobieus strip.

    Well, not quite.  But unless someone goes out into the yard and inspects my circles, they are good enough for me.  They may be a little uneven, but hell, I am a little uneven.

    To cap off tonight, I am posting a short video....hopefully.

Peace and Love





No comments:

Post a Comment