Thursday, December 17, 2020

day.....whaaat???........275

 What happened to eggnog shakes?


    I can't seem to find them anywhere this year.  I am not so crazy about them, which means I only have about 15 or 20 during the holiday season, but Jackie likes them.

    I know there is a custard place in town that may have them, but Jackie does not tolerate their custard, for some reason.  Other custard places are fine, but the local place just leaves her with a queasy stomach.

    It just doesn't seem like Christmas without an eggnog shake.

    And snow.

    We have friends and family out East.  Some of the friends reported over 2 feet of snow.  That's a lot of snow.

    I always have to laugh at pictures of people digging out their cars after a heavy snow like that.  Where are they going to go?  It's almost impossible to drive in those conditions, yet there they are, digging away.

    I was a freshman at NIU home on break when the big snow hit Chicago in 67.  I ended up working at the local National Tea store, bagging groceries an restocking shelves with whatever we had.  It was a madhouse.

    Coke had an ad campaign going for Fresca..something like open a blizzrd of taste.  As the snow was piling up, the groceries were flying out the door, my hands were sore from bagging, a high school friend came into the store and saw me.  She pointed at he Fresca display with its slogan and said "Terry, don't open any more of these."

    I thought it was funny.  

    I had never seen Chicago as quiet as it was for the next several days.  And beautiful too.

    But a lot of people tried digging out their cars to drive who knows where.

    My peeps out east....be safe.

    Stay healthy.  Wear a mask.  

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment