Saturday, December 19, 2020

day...patience....277

 Sometimes I am not patient enough

    Take today for instance.  For the past several weeks I have not made a bed, changed sheets, or done much of laundry.  Lanet took care of all of that for us.

    I did today.  I had Julia bring the baskets to the washer, and I put them in, then moved clothes to the dryer.  Then I folded sheets.  And towels.  And my dark clothes. And Jackie's dark clothes.

    I did some dishes.

    I bent over a few times to pick up stuff I dropped.

    Now it's almost 10 and my belly is a little sore.  Too much too soon?  Me thinks yes.

    Part of my activity was to keep my mind busy.  Emily had some elective surgery today and any kind of surgery makes me nervous, so I figured the busier I stayed, the less I would worry.

    She is home and doing fine....tired and sore, but ok.  That's a relief.

    Jackie and I enjoyed a Zoom radio play by American Blues Theater in Chicago.  They did It's a Wonderful Life and it was darn good.  There were few times when the screen was blank while an actor talked, but the facial expressions, voices, and little traits they infused made George Bailey and Clarence come alive.  I actually liked Clarence/Potter the best.  He was an older actor, and  he really made the characters stand out with his vocal inflections and facial expressions.  

    The play featured 7 actors in 6 locations.  (Two ators were married, so they shared a location.)  Each actor had a set built by Grant Sabin, a former fifth grade student of mine.  That was the main reason I wanted to see the show, and I am happy I did.

    Tomorrow will be a day of rest....hopefully.  

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Stay masked.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment