Wednesday, December 16, 2020

day.....memories.....274

I am feeling a little cabin feverish today 


    Like most of the world, I miss the pre Covid life.  Especially now.

    I loved going to the Christmas Market in downtown Chicago.  Browsing the stalls, eating German food, drinking spiced wine, laughing with friends.

    Three years ago I saw a really neat glass Santa from Germany.  I fell in love with it, and since Jackie collects Santas, I figured she would like it.  So I bought her one for Christmas, along with a table runner.

    She did like both presents.

    Two years ago I saw a really neat glass Santa from Germany.  I fell in love with it, and since Jackie collects Santas, I figured she would like it.  So I bought her one for Christmas.

    If that sounds familiar, you can imagine my surprise when I got home and looked and discovered I bought the same Santa as the year prior!  Now we have two that are the same.

    And the table runner?  Bought her one of those too, from the same linen dealer, and also got an Easter one.  

    But this year, only memories.  Memories of good times with good friends and family.

    Damn that Covid.

    Here's hoping next year we can all get back to the market.

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Stay happy.  Wear a mask.

Peace and Love

And memories ......... 




Now that's a schnitzel!

 Ok, not the downtown market, but I miss the zoo too!


Diffeerent mug, different year.....I have a small collection of them.

    This is the anti Santa....if you have been bad, he will come and take your toys.  Notice he is a little different from the other picture.  Maybe Megan will tell us more!

No comments:

Post a Comment