Sunday, June 7, 2020

day .....bam!!.....82

I am not a great cook

     I don't go "bam" when I make a meal, unlike that chef whose name I don't remember.
     I try hard.
     Tonight I made pizza in my cast iron skillet.  My FB friend and neighbor Chad sent me a recipe and I used it.
     It wasn't awful.
     If I had been watching the time  a little better, it might have been great.  I cooked it a little too long and the crust was a bit hard and the cheese golden brown. 
     I made the dough from scratch.  It was a community project, because Emily had to buy the yeast.
     I had forgotten dough could be so sticky. 
     I took home ec in eighth grade.  I remember we made pizza from scratch.
    We worked in groups, and I was in a group with a guy named Jim.
     We were in eighth grade.  We all walked to school, except for Jim.  He drove.       He was 16 and dumber than a post.  He was also big.  He was also not the most hygienic eighth grader.
     So there we were...a bunch of goofy eighth graders mixing dough, slicing pepperoni, (yes, they allowed us to use knives in the olden days) and doing all the tasks that needed to be done to make a pizza from scratch.
     We all took turns kneading the dough.
     I noticed that when Jim took the lump, he had a lot of black under his fingernails.
     When he gave the lump to me, his nails were spotless.
     When that pizza came out of the oven, all I could see was Jim's fingernails...before and after.
     It was the only time in my life I turned down food.
     My under-nails were clean before and after kneading the dough tonight.
    See....I did learn something in school!
     Stay healthy. Stay safe.  Stay masked.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment