Saturday, February 1, 2020

you bought what?

We went to a benefit tonight

     Jackie, Emily, John and friend Nadine along with three friends of Emily and John had a table at From the Heart.
     This is a yearly benefit.  Tickets are not cheap, and there is a silent auction, raffles, a live auction and  games that raise money for local charities.
     Jackie was interested in a picture, and said I could bid $175 on it.  So I did.  But it was a silent auction, and someone outbid me.  I also bid $125 on a pack of Packer stuff, but someone overbid me on that too.  I was not upset about that one.
     Came time for the live auction, and they sold bags of wine in groups of 10.       So I ended up buying $165 worth of wine, which seemed to get someone a bit out of shape.  Granted, I have 30 bottles of wine in the basement.  Another 10 will just give me some extra to fall back on during wine drinking season.  Seems the thinking is I could have bought the picture and still made a contribution.
     But the neat thing was I sold tickets at a raffle booth.  My friend Curt bought some from me and he won a 72  inch big ass tv!  A young lady bought some from me and won a necklace that she really wanted.  It was valued at about $1,200!
     I should have sold myself some tickets....because I did not win on the games I played.
     But it all goes to charity.  So I am willing to put out a little cash for a good cause.
     It does make for a long night. 
     Sweet dreams and happy awakenings.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment