Tuesday, February 18, 2020

dracula

I had a blood draw today

     Routine lab, but I sure was nervous.
     Frist off, everyone in the clinic was coughing or sneezing.  People were wearing masks.  One man was on the verge of going ballistic when he weas told it would be afew minutes for his x ray registration to go through.  He mumbled, quite loudly, "I have already been in this f------ place for two hours."  Two kids were crying, a baby was screaming and I had to go the the bathroom but I was damn certain I did not want to go into a germ infested clinic bathroom during a full blown flu outbreak.
     Or maybe they just had colds.
     Anyway, my turn came for blood work.
     Those of you who know me know:  I fear needles.  I faint at the sight of blood.  I pass out during blood draws, sometimes.  I fear needles I repeated that for emphasis.
     As she was prepping my arm, I asked her if she was pretty good at this.
    "Good?  Heck no, I am terrible!  The worst one here.  The only reason they keep me around is so they all look good.  I'll be lucky if I can find a vein.  This may take a few stabs.  I don't think I could find another job that would let me be this bad."
     And she was done.
     All in all, it was a good experience.
     When I got hone I bathed in sanitizer and used the bathroom.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment