Thursday, May 30, 2019

mugged

I was mugged today

     Attacked from behind.  Blindsided.  Smacked silly.
     I was standing on a road looking at some flooded ponds when I was viciously and without any warning, smacked on the back of my head.
     I looked around and the assaulter made another swipe at my head, but I put my hood up on my coat (yes, it was warm.  I was wearing a coat in case it rained.  No, it was sunny.  Yes, I understand.) and started waving my arms and the assailant flew into a nearby tree and continued to squawk at me.  It made a third run at my head, so I left.
     Red wing blackbirds are pretty vicious animals.  I have been riding at tines and they have swooped down on me if I was close to their nest or territory.  I must have been real close, cause this bird brain made 3 runs at me. 
     I often see them chasing crows across the sky. 
    They are fearless, and wide spread.  We have a grassy field by us and there are dozens of birds nesting there, based on the numbers I see flying around all day.
     Seriously, it was kind of jolting to be clobbered in the head and not see anyone.  I thought maybe somebody threw something at me, but then the darn thing made a second run at my head.
     Yes, I was run off the street by a blackbird. (Who was not singing in the dead of night!)
     I am just glad I didn't end up with egg on my face.
     Just a little avian humor.
Love and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment