Wednesday, May 29, 2019

killer queen

I don't understand our dog 

     She gets plenty of food.  She has a lot of toys but she never plays with them.  The squeaks bother her.
     But she does love being in the yard.  She was out a long time today, in the back, just sniffing and rolling....looked like she was having fun.
     I went out later to try to straighten a tree and found a dead baby ground squirrel.  It had puncture wounds.  Then I found a second.  And a third.  Three dead baby ground squirrels.
     All in the area Corki was sniffing around in, and rolling.  Maybe she was rolling on her victims, I am not sure.
     Ground squirrels are a problem in my yard.  I have too many holes and too many trails.  What I do is live trap them then take them out into the park and let them go.
     Corki does not share my humane instinct.
     I stopped at Lincoln School this morning because I thought my young friend was in a program.  A lot of parents were going in, so I followed.  We sat in the cafeteria, which was strange.
     Then we were welcomed to the pre K graduation party.  I was in the wrong spot.  I left after 15 minutes and headed to the gym, where the kids were doing an all school sing.  Since it was just students, I quietly left.
     One of the staffers saw me and said, "I wondered why you were at the graduation....could not figure out your connection to them."
     Well, I had no connection.  Story of my life...missed connections.
Love and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment