Tuesday, May 29, 2018

rain, please....

I think I may be a killer

     A plant killer.  I looked at some plants a week ago and they were doing well.  But today......well, that is another story.  I realize now I should have watered them, exposed as they were to the sun and heat these past three days.  Hopefully they will come back.
     I seem to have a problem with plants. 
     I took a picture to a nursery and explained the problem.  "Your coreopsis is dead?  No one ever kills a coreopsis.  They are so hardy."  Well, I notched five of them.
    Lavender is a plant that likes well drained soil.  I have two lavender plants amid three other varieties that all like well drained soil.  My lavender died.     Growing conditions for all the plants were the same, but the lavender died after four years.
     It makes no sense.
     Asters?  Door nails.
     What is growing extremely well is thistle.  I keep digging it up, but it keeps coming back.  Today I resorted to a chemical killer that is supposed to reach the roots and kill the plant.
     I used to like working in a garden....now I dread it.  I don't know as much as I think I do, and maybe even less.
     I have some plants to put in tomorrow, weather permitting. 
     Here's hoping they make it.
    Go Cubs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment