Monday, May 28, 2018

ennui part 2

I just don't handle the heat anymore

     I thought of mowing, but when I went outside, it was too hot. I think three of my neighbors mowed, so it was not too hot for them.
     I also thought of riding, but it was too hot.  During the day I saw at least 4 people out riding.  Again, it wasn't too hot for them.
     I think I am becoming a wimp!
     I did not have much of an appetite, but I did sit outside and read while sipping an Earl Gray tea.
     And I remembered spiderwort.  That does not make sense to anyone but me.  I was at the garden place yesterday and mentioned that my ....... here I went blank.       I said most of them had come back, because they were natives and pretty hardy.  But I could not remember the name.
     Spiderworts are also called transcandantia, or something like that.  I can never pronounce the name, let alone spell it.  Spell checker should go crazy on that one.
     But for some reason, I can never remember the name of the plant! Tomorrow I will go outside, look at it and not remember it's name.
     Strange how the mind works.
     At some point I have to mow and trim.  Maybe tomorrow morning I will attempt it, but I am not optimistic.  It's the heat. 
    I did water my vegetables and some plants.  And I sprayed some ant holes on the deck.
     And I did hang some pictures, and rehung some others.
     But for the most part, I sat in the air conditioning and wondered how the pioneers survived.
     Stay cool, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment