Friday, May 4, 2018

grumble, grumble

I cleaned up my patio furniture today

     This is the second set I bought from Plow & Hearth.  The first set was destroyed in the April 2015 storm.  I reordered the exact set, which is eucalyptus wood.  Weather resistant.  Nice looking furniture.
     I sealed it in 2016 when I got it, and again in 2017 before I put it out.
     Maybe someone can explain to me why and how the back rotted out of one of the chairs?
     I had numerous problems with this product when I bought it....pieces that did not fit, two sets with broken parts.  I eventually had 7 chairs sent so I could get 4 out of them.
     Now this.
     I guess I won't be ordering from Plow & Hearth ever again because of this.
     Just pisses me off.
     On a lighter note, I had a cute little girl, maybe 4 or 5, visit one of our animals at the zoo that I had out.  As she was leaving, she turned to me and said, "Happy Star Wars Day.  May the Fourth be with you." 
     And my friends Tyler and Linda surprised me with a really neat gift bag featuring some of my favorite food groups:  cupcakes, wine and coffee.  That was really nice!!
     Remember the books, A Series of Unfortunate Events?
     That was my drive today.
     I wanted to leave at 8, got out of the house at 8:40, had a low tire warning, no tire gauge in the car, quarter tank of gas, huge amounts of traffic on the under construction I-88..... you can see where this is leading.
     Got there at 10:30.
     It was still a great day.   Until I cleaned up the patio set, anyway.
     Grumble....

No comments:

Post a Comment