Thursday, May 3, 2018

one big happy family

Julia came home for my birthday today

     My birthday....number 70.... is a week off, and this was a surprise visit.
     Of course, I knew about it because the airline called at Christmas and said there was a change in her flight.  I said she wasn't flying from Frankfurt to Chicago, she was flying from Chicago there.
     The man said that no, her May 3 flight was to Chicago.
     So I knew, through no fault of anyone.
    I picked her up at he airport and no, I did not get lost.  Or confused.  Well, once, on the way home, when the normal lanes to I-88 were closed and a temporary lane was open instead.  But that was not as bad as the guy I saw at the airport.
     I was waiting for Julia to use the restroom.
    As I am standing there, this young guy comes out of the woman's restroom shaking his head and saying, "I can't believe I just did that.  I can't believe....."
     I just started laughing.
     I said to Julia when she came out, "Was there a man in the woman's restroom?"   She said yes, adding she was a little surprised.
     And yes, I could tell he was a man because he had sideburns and a moustache.  And a very fast walk.
     I just wondered if he was busy texting and just didn't pay attention, or terribly tired after a long flight.
     In any case, I share in his pain.
     Tonight we all had pizza.....Julia, Emily, John, Jackie and me.  It just feels really great to have them all so close.
     That's all for me..... have a peaceful night.  And be careful what restroom you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment