Saturday, May 19, 2018

late, but not my fault


I heard something new today
     (Now the problem is:  It's Friday night and I have no Internet.  Maybe it’s down for maintenance, but I am  tired so this might not appear until Saturday morning.)
     I was holding a snake for youngsters, and adults, to gently pet.
     A woman with her son, who looked to be about 4 or 5, came up.  The boy was a little hesitant, but the mom pet the snake and encouraged him to do so.
     So, he pet the snake.  And he loved it.
     He was petting it very gently when his grandmother came around the corner.
     “Don’t touch that snake,” she yelled.
     The lady and the boy just looked at her and kept petting.
     “Don’t touch that snake!  You know what will happen?  That snake will jump out of his hands and go right down your pants!  And that is something you don’t want to happen.  You just ask your Uncle Clem.”
     The little boy kept petting, but grandma kept going on about how dangerous snakes were.
     Finally the boy went to get his hands cleaned and the mom looked at me and said, “Grandmothers get a little crazy sometimes.”
     What I wanted to ask was what happened to Uncle Clem?
     Great time visiting my niece Jamie and her family in their new house.  Great house and I am in love with their patio.
     It was also a time for the California folks to get together with the Illinois folks and enjoy some Malnati’s pizza and lots of laughs.
     So, either good night, or good morning.  Your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment