Saturday, July 15, 2017

wasted away in Margaritaville

I am missing Margaritaville tonight

     A bunch of us have been going to Buffett concerts for a couple of years.  They are a younger crowd, but keeping asking the old guy to go along.
     We have gone to Joliet, Northerly Island, and Alpine Valley.  By far, Alpine Valley was the most fun.  Last year we rented a pontoon boat on Lake Geneva and cruised around the lake.
     Then we went to Alpine Valley, cooked out, sat around and talked and watched the whole Buffett parking lot tailgating show.  It's amazing.
     But Alpine Valley closed for this summer.  And Jimmy is playing Wrigley Field tonight.
     I know it would be a good show, but there would not be tailgating, cigar smoking, gawking at the topless girls, or all the other fun stuff going on.  I wonder if they allowed beach balls in the audience.
     Anyway, the concert was live on Sirius XM, but I did not want to sit in the car for a couple of hours.  Besides, it just wouldn't be the same.
     I miss the group I went with.  They are a lot of fun and more my family than my friends.  Topping it off, I missed the party a couple of weeks ago because I was sick.  Double whammy.
     But Jimmy does play one more show I would love to go see.  It's the last show of the year.  Late September.  In Paris.  That would be a blast.
     Problem is...tickets start at about $250 each.  That's a lot of moolah!
     But it would be a great show.  Sigh........


No comments:

Post a Comment