Saturday, July 8, 2017

beau jour, qui?

It was a beautiful day today

    I spent a couple of hours down at the museum, passing out hot dogs.
    I was there yesterday when the dogs were delivered...all 150 of them.
    I asked Janine about the left overs.  "Take them home." she laughed.
    So I sort of expected us having to get rid of hot dogs.
   Boy was I wrong!
   We went through 150 by noon!  We did not start serving until 11.
   For those of you not sure what is going on, today was Hot Dog Day in Rochelle.  Various merchants and the museum gave away hot dogs.  Free.  No cost.  All you had to do was take the Hormel all beef doggie and put on your own condiments.
   One lady said we were her third stop.  And so far, ours had a great rating compared to good and terrible.
    A lot of the credit goes to our cooks, who did not burn them or cook them till they were dried up chunks of meat.
    The place across the street from us must have gone through a thousand!  I went over and they had 200 out ready to cook and two roasting pans full of dogs already done.
    When people stopped by the museum, we told them to go over to ALM because they had plenty.
    Truth...I did have two.
    Honestly, they were darn good dogs and the next time we go to buy some, I will look for Hormel.  (Any execs....feel free to pay me in hot dogs for the plug.)
    It was a fun time for everyone and everybody liked the dogs.
    Great weather, great food, great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment