Wednesday, July 19, 2017

that was fun

I tend to over react during storms

     The weather radio toned and I heard tornado warning for eastern Ogle County.
     So I tried to get Jackie down into the basement.  We reached the landing and she stopped there.  The bad part was after the storm passed, John and Camryn had to come over to help her up the stairs.
     I guess a stair lift is our next project.
     John and Camryn came over earlier, about the eighth inning.  Jackie and I were just settling in to each a late lunch.
     I had three slices of Genoa salami, cheese, crackers, carrots, and some chips.....the c lunch, I guess.
     Corki was sitting next to me on the couch.  I got up to get something out of the kitchen, put my plate on the coffee table, and left.   Everyone yelled, "Corki!"
     I came back to see the mutt with a mouth full of salami!  My lunch.  She didn't even get off the couch, just stretched across to the table.  Damn dog.
     I found a quote from Dilbert that seems to resonate with me:  "If you always want more, you can never  be happy with what you have."
     Maybe that's my problem.
     Or at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment