Sunday, July 23, 2017

getting itchy

I need to hit the road

     Dan brought a friend over yesterday.  She is from New York City and along with her boy friend, were visiting over the weekend.  I have met her before and really enjoy talking with her.  Her boyfriend seems like a real nice guy.  As Harry Carey would say, "He's a good looking young man."  That always caused me to ponder Harry a little more than I should.
     Anyway, I digress.
     They are New Yorkers, and I am fascinated by that.  I think New York City would be an amazing place to visit.  I have always wanted to go to Macy's Thanksgiving parade, take a carriage ride around Central Park, visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, ride the subway, eat gooey New York pizza, walk the boroughs......and see a play or two.  I could even reconnect with my second cousin Jimmy and his wife, who regretfully I have never met.
     That's more than a weekend.
     I keep thinking someday....but then realize my somedays are getting fewer and  fewer.
     At least I can talk to people from there and live vicariously through them and Facebook pages.
     I keep remembering that Dilbert quote:  If you are always want more, you can  never be happy with what you have.
    That is me...to a t.  And folks, sometimes it hurts to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment