Monday, May 30, 2016

snore.....

I slept in today

     I did not mean to.  I was going to get up and mow early.
     Instead, at 9 a.m. I rolled over and looked at my watch....and was shocked!
     I have not slept that late for a long time.  And it wasn't because I was up late either.
     I eventually got everything mowed, but I still have a couple of little jobs to do that I did not fit in today.
     I did go down to Roberts' Armory.  If you have never been there, it is a pretty neat place.
     It is a WW II museum, and has tanks, half tracks, a landing craft..... all mixed in with posters, pictures and a whole lot of other neat stuff.
     The museum is the result of 25 years of collecting memorabilia related to WW II.
     They open the museum a couple of times a year...... next time will be Veterans" Day.
     Here's a sample of some of the items.

this tank is operational

this also runs

staff car....I believe for the air corps

Inside of the landing craft

No comments:

Post a Comment