Thursday, January 7, 2016

mission semi accomplished

I took our tree down today

     If it was me, I would keep it up year round.  But to be honest, there were spider webs on it!!  Yes, spider webs!!  I can't find the spiders, but there were webs.  So it was time to go.
     For years we have gotten a tree with long needles.  This was our first short needle tree.  We loved it.
     Great form.  Great smell.  Great look.
     We actually cut the top 8 feet of a 12 foot tree.  The bottom part was pretty bad, but the top part was great.
     It was still taking water last week.
     So the tree is down and out.  I loaded it into the van and dropped it off at the tree recycling place, where it will eventually become mulch.
     As soon as I put it in the van, a sweet smell of fresh pine filled the vehicle.  It was like a giant air freshener!
     The outside lights also came down  As did the Dickens Village.
     While the house is a mess, it is getting back to more of a normal non holiday look, which is not always so good.
     Anyway, a few pictures of our past two days.

The tree looks naked!!  And sad.

No, Jackie is not decorating a candle.
Our tree with all its mulch bound friends

At the airport

At the airport....notice, no tears but my eyes appear close!


No comments:

Post a Comment