Sunday, January 17, 2016

another move?

I decided today I want a new house

     I know what you are thinking.... the one we have is only 3 years old.
     But there are some features I want.
     I want radiant heating in the floors and walls and possibly ceilings.  I am freezing today!  I can't get warm enough, even with the fireplace going and a blanket over me.
     I want 2 x 8 construction so we can fill the walls with insulation.  That will keep the cold out and the heat in.
    I want quadruple pane windows with technology that automatically seals them when the temp drops below 32 yet allows you to see out and have the sun come in.
     I want a heated front porch.  Yes, I know.  But with the threat of coyotes I go out at night with Corki and tonight my legs were actually frozen to my pants!  Seriously!  The poor dog peed and it froze in mid air!  I have dog pee sculptures in my front yard!!
     Don't believe me?  Come over.  But bring wine.  And hurry before they melt.  Or thaw.  Or get blown down by the 60 mile an hour gusts.
     Kind of sounds like the weather forecast from Tuna.  It's gonna be cold folks.  It's gonna start out cold and then it's just gonna get colder.  By morning it will be so cold, your cows will be givin' out ice cream.
     Two years ago I got my snowshoes repaired.  The straps broke.  In the time since I paid $50 to get them fixed, we have had 0 snowfalls where I could snowshoe.  Zero.  Nil.  Zilch.  Nada.  Nothing.
     I expect it to start snowing Wednesday and continue for a week.  We will have 24 inches of great snow for snowshoeing and cross country skiing.  Why?  Because I can't do that stuff for six more weeks!  No strenuous exercise, like snow shoveling, snow blowing, heavy lifting, picking up my wife, eating more than 3 pounds of potato chips at one sitting.
     (Side note:  I was checking e mail today.  When I got out of the den, someone asked if I had heard a noise, one that a body hitting the floor would make.  Luckily I did not and she got up on her own.  No blood, no foul.)
    But Jackie said we can't have a new house.  So I did the next best thing.
     I turned up the heat.
     Now it's warm enough to go to bed.
     So goodnight, and thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment