Tuesday, January 12, 2016

how's that?

I admit, I get easily confused

     And apparently, amused.
     I attended the city council meeting Monday night when the Branding Leadership Team made its plea for city funding.
     This is serious tuff.  It's a great plan.  I want to see it implemented.  And the city did approve spending some money to make it happen.
     But the Branding Leadership Team kept being referred to as the BLT.
     Every time they said BLT I got hungry and giggled.
     Yes, I know it is not funny.  But I giggled.
     I haven't had a BLT in ages, now I can't stop thinking of one.
     Modern communication sometimes bothers me.  I had no idea what IMHO meant.  I at first thought people were saying, "I'm a ho."  But they weren't, much to my embarrassment.
     And LOL...... I saw that at the end of some jokes and figured it was laughing out loud.  But there was a posting of messages gone bad when the older person thought LOL meant lots of love.
     When their friend messaged them that her husband had died, the older person replied, "Sorry to hear that.  LOL!"
     And I know now that LMAO means it's really funny.  Not in a literal way, either.  There are variations of that that are a little cruder than I like.
     At times I do have to ask.
     But you have to be careful when asking.. Mothers I'd Like to Friend is not what MILF stands for.... and if you ask a young woman if she is a MIL, prepare to be yelled at.  Or slapped.  WTH?      Just saying.
     BTW, the same goes for spelling in text messages.  I get dropping letters, like in xtra.  but sometimes I wish I had a Captain Midnight decoder ring to figure out the message.
     I am an older guy.  I am used to complete words.  Maybe not complete thoughts, but complete words.
     I dread what will happen to the nxt genrashun if the language keeps trending down.
     We will all be calling for whirled peas and not knowing it's wrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment