Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rip van winkle awakes

I take a while to adjust to time changes

     I fell asleep about 8 last night, woke up at 9, went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 3 a.m., all Swiss time.
     To say I don't adjust quickly might be an understatement.
     However, I did get sleep....just not at the normal times.
     I also set off to explore a little of Chardonne.
     This is a small village.  A couple of restaurants, a bakery and coffee shop, small grocery store...and lots of vintners.  They have lots of wine here.
     It was a misty, cloudy, drizzly type of day.  But the village is lovely, no matter what kind of weather.
     (Sherrie, if you are reading this, no funi!  The semi-vertical elevator is under going major repairs.)
     As happens in many Swiss villages, the grocery store closes from about noon to 2, so if you need supplies, go early.
     I have walked these streets several times.  (No, I am not a stranded American taken to hustling for money to return home.  Walked the streets as in being a tourist.)
     And I always find something interesting.  So, not many words today....just some pictures.

 It was not exactly a sunny day!

 Flowers are still in bloom....



 These figures are on the fence of a playground.  Just thought it was cute.


Self service flowers.... always love walking past this hut!

No comments:

Post a Comment