Wednesday, September 10, 2014

frustrating, frustrating, frustrating

I wish I was better equipped for this crap

     When I got home today, Jackie had just turned on Channel 9 for the noon news.  No picture.  In fact, no picture on any channel.  Some channels had pixelated pictures, blurred sound.  But no channel was right.  The bedroom tv is ok, but it is not HD.  The basement TV has HD and performs the same as the upstairs one.
     So I go to call Comcast.
     Phone is dead.
     So I go on the computer to contact them.
     No internet service.
     We have the Comcast triple play.....which means we are triple out of luck.
      So I use my cell phone and call.  I am given three options:  trouble with tv, trouble with phone, trouble with Internet.
      I start with tv
      I did not talk to a human.  Everything was that nice humanized computer voice that said a signal would be resent and it would be 30 minutes for all to be normal.  The line disconnected.
      So I called Comcast and pushed the phone option.  A woman answered.
      She had an accent and I found it difficult to understand her.  I explained the situation.  No tv, no Internet, no phone.  She said there were no service issues in the area.
       Then the line went dead.
      So I called and hit the button for phone issues.  I got a woman, who again I had a little trouble understanding, and explained the situation.  She said she would send out a computer link to reset the phone.  I again said I did not have Internet.  She said I could use WIFI.  I asked, how do I acess WIFI if I have no Internet and am 8 miles from town where I can find WIFI.  She scheduled a technician for Friday.
      So I called Comcast and hit the button for internet issues.  This lady said there was a service outage from 10:35 and would be up and running at 3.  I said thank you and went to rehab for my aching arm.
      When I got home after 4, Jackie was on the phone with a human.  She explained the problem.  After an hour, the lady said the technician on Friday would have to solve the problem.
      They always ask, "Is there anything else I can help you with."  Jackie answere, "Well I guess not since you really haven't helped me at all."
      Friend Renee had a similar problem and replaced her power strip.  I went into town, found a power strip, discovered I did not have my wallet, and went back home.
     No internet, no phone, no HD tv, no patio, my arm hurts every morning about 2 a.m. and I am tired and achy....I am just a tad frustrated.
     I am at Emily's, John is cooking supper and I am sipping a fruity wine he just opened.  I think I will enjoy this glass, then go home and have a glass or two of a bottle opened at home.
     With luck at some point I will pass out and not awake until Friday when the Comcast guy comes.
      Comcast triple play  = triple frustration.
     If you need to get hold of me, use my cell.  815 766 2991.
     And please, don't post anything really funny or interesting on Facebook until Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment