Friday, June 9, 2023

what the......

 This was one of those days


    It started with a pimal scream of a four letter word.

    Why?




    Yes, that is the control panel for the dishwasher.

    It is not supposed to come off the machine.

    So, I went into the mud room and screamed.

    I called an appliance repair company that we have used.  I set up an appointment for next week for them to come and do something.

    After I did that, I started thinking.  And I think Jackie and I came up with the same thought at about the same time.

    Why put $200-$300 into repairing an 11 year old dishwasher?  Their life expectancy, according to various web sites, is 10 years for most machines.

     I Googled best dishwashers and 2 different rating services from "independent" groups recommended The Bosch 300 series, a Maytag, and one other that I can't remember.

    I found prices for the Bosch and talked to a nice lady at an appliance shop in Sterling who took my order for a new dishwasher.

    But for the next 2 weeks we will be washing dishes by hand.

    I went to the museum's Cut the Square event and when I got home, Julia had washed all the dirty dishes.  That was a life saver.

    I ordered take out from a local Italian place while at the museum.  

    When I went in to pick it up, Pete, the owner, was a bit frazzled.  The credit card reader was not functioning and there were a few of us paying with a cc.  After some sweat, a couple of crosses, the reader popped back to life.

    Julia got a pizza, I got chicken parmesan, Jackie got mostacholli.  I piled the order into the back seat and took off.  

    When I stopped at the stop sign I heard a thump.  Yes, the food had fallen off the seat, except for the pizza.  So I pulled over onto a side seat, opened the side door, and repositioned everything.

    I got back in the car, made a nifty 3 point turn and started home.

    Two blocks later I am at a light and look out my side    mirror and see the door is wide open!

    I pulled over and checked to make sure the food was not splattered all over the road, and it wasn't.  But I don't know what, if anything, blew or fell out of the car.

    Happily, supper was good.  I finished a couple of chores.  I have not screamed since this morning.

    I just hope the neighbors did not hear.

    Now I am  thinking of that pile of paper plates we have......

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment