Wednesday, June 21, 2023

My bags aren't packed

 But I'm ready to go


    We leave tomorrow about 2, so I have a little time in the morning.  Very little.  I have gathered things together, but I want to double check tomorrow, when I have a little more time.

    I finished the last of the yard chores, and I feel pretty good about that.

    I just hope my timers work when they are supposed to.  I have adjusted them several times, but they just seem to be a bit off every time.  Maybe it will rain and it will not be an issue.

    I have decided to take my Kindle.  I downloaded 3 books from Hoopla, hoping 1 of them will interest me.  Honestly, I don't see myself reading a lot on this trip.  There is a lot we are going to do and limited time.

    I made a "quick" trip into town for some last minute items for home.  I swear, we had a ton of kitchen garbage bags last week but now we have about 4.  So I bought more bags and other things I don't want Jackie to run out of.  Perishible items can be handled by Emily, but I think we have all the household type stuff she will need.

     I say "quick" because I ran into 2 long time friends.  One is a former student and every time I see her I can't remember her name!  She  tells me and BAM! I knew that.  Every time I see her I also tell her next time I will remember her name.

    The other person is a long time friend and we spent 10 minutes or so catching up.

    So I was running late and decided to   gasp......go to Starbucks instead of Cypress Hosue.  I had to go to Walgreen's so I ordered ahead.

    But karma struck.  When I got home I dropped the coffee in the garage.  I had only taken 2 sips.

    I don't know when I will write again.  I know, don't weep!  You will miss me!

    Peace and Love 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment