Friday, June 2, 2023

bugged

 I almost went crazy to day


    I was sitting on the porch reading.  It was a break from my chores for today.

    But little gnats and flies kept landing on me!  The damn gnats went in my ears, in my nose, in my eyes.  

    I tried swatting them, but they are hard to see and harder to hit.

    The flies were the same.  I tried swatting them but no go.

    Then tonight I went out to finish my chores and something bit me.  It may have been a mosquito, I am not sure.  It does not itch, but I sure felt the bite.

    I am not sure, but I may have seen a lightning bug tonight.  Or, it could have been a light reflected in my glasses.  I saw it once, but never saw a second blink.  I know they like longer grasses, but our neighborhood keeps grass pretty short.  Even on most of the empty lots.

    Last week friend Sheri mentioned that the plants I was not sure of were actually thistles.  I forgot about them.  Today when I mowed I was reminded of them.  Now I have to remember to go dig them out tomorrow.

    So, I mowed.  Trimmed.  Planted six flowers.  Filled bird feeders.  Got a haircut.  Went to the store.  Was almost eaten alive by gnats.

    But it is beautiful outside tonight.  The Strawberry moon is bright, the air a little cooler, the night quiet......very relaxing.

    Except for the damn bugs.

    And my daughter and wife are on my case.

    I won't wear black socks with shorts.  But I can only find 2 pairs of white ankle height socks.  I really prefer grey socks.  

    So I made a pair of grey socks.  They said I can't wear them in public, but I did.

    So....you decide.  Yeah or Nay on my socks?

Peace and Love


I don't think they look that bad.

Me after my haircut.....feel free to make a copy of this and frame it so you will always have this smiling, handsome face greeting you in the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment