Monday, June 19, 2023

Buyer beware

 Shopping can be frustrating


    Example.  Jackie bought some pants on line from a well known retailer.  Ok, it was Macy's.

    The pants do not fit.

    I thought it would be easier to take them back to Rockford because I had another stop to make up there.

    Today I went and the Macy's lady told me I could not return them to the store because they were on some special sale.

    I no longer have the packaging, so Jackie has to call customer service to ask what to do.

    Meanwhile, I noticed underwear was 50 per cent off.  So I  bought 2 packs of 5.  I really wanted more, but those were the only 2 left in my size.

    The packs cost $22.  That was half off the $44 price.

    Now, I have not purhased underwear in a while and truthfully don't remember prices.  But the half off is good, right?

    When I went to Walmart later in the day I decided to buy an additional pack.  So I bought a pack of 6, same style, same maker, but only $21.  

    I am guessing Macy's was overpriced.  I assume they are the same quality, but maybe not.

    I should have looked at Target or Kohl's for underwear, but I was not at one of those stores and 50% off seemed like a good deal.

    Then I got a text telling me I could save 50% on my Comcast bill.  All I had to do was call the number before 9 p.m. Pacific Time.

    I got on the phone and contacted Comcast.  The nice rep I talked to said the phone number in the text was not a Comcast number and they don't have any 50% off offers.  But they did have a special promo for $35 off a month, which I took.

    As the old saying goes, "Buyer Beware."

    A final note, I 39 southbound is under construction south of Il 64.  It is one lane. The back up was extremely long when I was northbound, so I took 251 home to avoid the mess. 

    I may not have been a buyer, but I was aware.

Peace and Love 


No comments:

Post a Comment