Tuesday, February 21, 2023

still here

 I am better mentally tonight


    I sometimes over react.  Forgetting a name is normal for me, so it is no surprise I forgot one yesterday.  It was just weird that I knew it just minutes before.

    I may have been tired, or distracted. 

    But my wife, Sophia, has not noticed anything different.

    I know weather forecasts are sometimes a little off.  But the next 5 days could go down as the worst weather we have had for a while.  We seem to be on the edge of a system that could produce thunderstorms, ice, sleet, freezing rain, snow, more ice and more rain and snow.

    Some schools in the northwest corner of Illinois and in the southern Wisconsin counties have already announced closings for tomorrow.  Their weather is supposed to be worse.  

    I know we won't get several inches of snow, but I always laugh when I see cities buried in snow and people shoveling  out their cars.  Where are they going to go?  My goodness, if there is a lot of snow and ice and the roads are bad, don't go to the store for bananas!  Stay home!

    Unfortunately, Ash Wednesday is tomorrow, as you all know.  We would be going to church in DeKalb, but I think that will be a last minute decision.

    We were going to get blood tests tomorrow, but when I heard the forecast I told Jackie we should go today.

    It's not that I was afraid the roads would be bad, but it is sometimes hard to get her out of the car, into the wheelchair and into a building.  There may be ice on the ground, which is terrible for my traction.

    The hospital has a canopy you can drive under, which should help that.  But I still have to park the car somewhere and I really hate walking in the rain, cold, and wind.

    So we went today.

    I don't do well with blood tests or shots.

    The person who did mine today was excellent.  I felt a little pinch, and that was it.  The big issue was not eating until we were done.  As you all know, eating is a hobby of mine.  Unlike exercise, I practice it often.

    Not to belabor by night time habits.....but.   Last night I was up at 1, 2:30, 4:30 and around 7.  Each time I fell back asleep almost immediately, but I am so tired.  I can't seem to sleep all night.  It is draining me.

    Maybe that's why I have a hard time remembering some things.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment