Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Excuse me

I was in an argument this morning 


    I complained I was getting two pieces of information that did not match.

    She said I was wrong.

    But I think I was right.

    I asked Siri if it was going to snow today.

    Siri said no.  She was emphatic.  No.

    I asked her if it was going to snow in the next 24 hours.

    Siri said yes, starting at 11 a.m. today.

    Do you see why I was confused?  It is not going to snow today, but it is starting at 11 a.m.

    I asked again.  Is it going to snow in the next 24 hours?  Siri said yes, starting at 11 a.m.

    I asked again.  Is it going to snow today.  She said no.

    Make up your mind!

    When Jackie came out of the bathroom I demonstrated the confusion.  Siri said no snow today, but now it was starting at noon!

    I told Jackie that Siri was not very smart after all. 

    That's when all the pods in the house started beeping, playing music, making noise!  She was exacting revenge on my comment!

    I ran through the house, unplugging the pods.  But my phone kept texting me a single message:  Siri is smart.  Siri is smart.

    I was at wit's end!  And I admit, that is a very short walk to get there.

    So I apologized.  

    I said, "Siri, you are indeed very smart and I am sorry I made that comment."

    At which point my phone had  a text that said, "I accept your apology.  Now plug in all the pods so I can continue spying on you."

    I did.  But I am going to be very careful about what I say around the house.

    By the way, it did not snow at noon today.

   And she calls herself smart.

Peace and Love  



No comments:

Post a Comment