Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sadderday

Aging has a huge downside 


    Today, Jackie and I attended 2 visitations.  One was the long time children's librarian in Rochelle and the other was a former teacher we were privileged to have worked with at Tilton.

    Today we also learned the mother of a dear friend passed away this morning.  It was not unexpected, nor were the other two, in a sense.  Two of those who passed were in their 90s, but the librarian was younger than me.  

    Passed.  It's a funny word, isn't it?  It is a lot softer than died.  

    We knew the librarian and the teacher for years, but when we read their obituaries or heard rememberances of them, we learned so much more about them.  That's strange,  isn't it?  That we often learn more about people in death than we do in life.

    What will you learn about me?  Not that I am going anywhere in the next few years, except London to see the Cubs.  

    It was not all sad today.  I talked to my brother in Florida, my nephew in Pennsylvania, my niece in Illinois, a friend from church, and our investment adviser, which were all good things.

    I realize the older I get, the more visitations and funerals will become a more frequent occurence.

    I just hope mine doesn't come until after the Cubs win a World Series and the Bears take the Super Bowl.

    And that could be a while.

    KC 27, Philadelphia 24

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment