Thursday, February 2, 2023

oh shut up

 I went to Rockford today


    Drove all the way up there, went to three spots, started driving back home.

    At 64 I decided to call home and tell them I was almost back.

    I used my voice commands, keeping both hands firmly on the wheel, (after hitting the voice command button, taking a sip of coffee, scratching my nose. and going fins up) and the phone rang.  And rang.  And rang.

    So I hung up and tried Jackie's phone.

    It rang, and rang, and rang.

    Then Jackie called me.  I hit accept and ..... nothing.

    So I tried Jackie.  It rang, and rang, and rang.

    Jackie called me.  I hit accept,  and...... nothing.

    Julia called.  I hit accept, and........ nothing.

    Thinking they may have thought I was in an accident, I pulled off at 64, went onto the shoulder, and used the cell phone.  

    They never got my calls and the calls to me went to my voicemail.  Hmmm.....

    So I started driving again and the warning light and buzzer for the front seat passenger not having a seat  belt started.  Seriously!  Why in hell's name did I drive all that distance and now it comes on?

    Usually if that happens, which it rarely does, I either stop the car and fasten the seat belt or turn up the radio.

    But I was getting nothing on the radio.  Blank screen.  I don't know why.  No sound, no ability to change stations, no ability to locate a station.

    I stopped for gas.   Of course the pump would not take my credit card.  Kept saying remove card....then insert card....then remove card.  I finally opted to pay inside.

    When I restarted the car....radio, no seat belt beeping.

    I just don't understand how this stuff works, or does not work.

       In the mean time, I went to the Dyson home page last night and ordered a bin for the vacuum.  During our on line chat, I learned not to call it a canister, because it is a bin.  

    I found that out after I sent Harshak a picture of the part I needed.

    Not making fun of his/her name, at first I thought it was Horschak and all I could think about was Welcome Back Kotter.  I am glad I did not ask about their name.

    Making a long story even longer, they asked me to send a picture because they were having trouble figuring out what I wanted.  Once they got the picture, it was easy.  And because I am such a good customer, they waived the shipping fee for the part.

    And that's the end of the story.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment