Monday, February 27, 2023

Day 3

 We had doctor visits today


    Jackie and I had blood drawn last week.  The results came in and today we sat down with the good doctor and went over them.

    Everything is normal for both of us, with the exception of Jackie's Vitamin D level.  We thought she was taking 5,000 units 2 times a day, but she is only taking 1,000 units 2 times a day.

    Vitamin D is linked to MS.  People who take high doses may not be as susceptible to MS as those with low doses.

    But the big news is.....(drumroll)  when I went in December I was 203 pounds.  Today I was 196....and that is with all the eating I did over Christmas and New Year's.  It seems walking does help.

    Unfortunately, I have not walked since last Thursday.  My cold is still tiring me out and causing me to lose sleep at night, so walking is the last thing on my mind during the day.  When I went to Walmart today I even wore a mask.  I don't want to spread this around.

    Fortunately, Dog Beth has gone 3 days without an accident in the house.  I am knocking on wood.

    Unfortunately, when we go out, she does a lot of standing and sniffing.  It is cold out there tonight!  We were out for 15 minutes and she did not do a thing.  I, hoever, damn near froze.  

    She is scheduled to be spayed on Thursday.  So Wednesday I will take her to Sterling and meet with the rescue people, who will keep her overnight and then to the vet early Thursday.  Friday we will again meet in Steerling and she will come back with me.

    I wonder how she will mentally process the whole thing.  I don't know where cocker spaniels fall on the doggie IQ range chart, but she seems pretty smart.  I just hope she does not feel abandoned.

    Time will tell.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment