Friday, February 26, 2021

day....uhh.......356

 I'd like a thing a ma jig


    Peter Tork, Mickey Dolenz,  Davy Jones, Michael Nesbet.

    Sometimes I just sound like an idiot.

    Stopping in a coffee store today, I knew exactly what I wanted.

    I just did not know how to say it.

    When the Pretty Young Thing asked me what I would like, I said......one of those white chocolate drinks with crushed ice but I can't remember what it is called.

    I don't know what I ordered.  It was supposed to be a white mocha frappachino, but I could not smell any coffee, or taste any, in my drink.  It was like vanilla milk over crushed ice.

    Which may have been what I ordered.  Or what she heard me order.  Or what she repeated back to me an I said yes to.

    And no, I did not have my hearing aids in.  And yes, we were both talking through masks, so understanding is difficult to start with.

    Now, why I am concerned is the same thing happened at the arches place.  Jackie wanted a pineapple mango smoothie, and I asked for the "drink with pineapple in it."

    And at the Mexican drive through place when I could not remember the name of the cinnamon thingeys. 

    Or the fact I forgot yogurt and orange juice, despite that being my main motive to go to the store and writing it down on the list I carried throughout the store.

    When ever that happens, I think I am showing early onset Ahlzimers, or however you spell it because I forgot!  Then again, I am almost 73 so maybe it is not early after all!

    I know I have complained about this in the past because it is scary.  Funny, but scary.  Kind of like a clown in It, although I have never read the book or seen the movie.  So maybe it is not anything like that.

    I have talked to people with Alzheimers....my dad for one.....and recent memory is terrible, but the past is forever in their mind.

    So when I remember the names of The Monkees 50 years after they were popular, I wonder if that is a good thing.

    Especially when I can't remember white mocha frappachino.  Or yogurt.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Happy memories.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment