Saturday, November 28, 2020

day....Y.IPEE!!!!!!.....256

 You all have pushed me over the 200,000 mark


    The official stats say 200,098 page views when I checked tonight.  Again, thank you so much for reading this blog over the years.  I feel I have shared some funny stuff, some personal stuff, too much information at times and enough interesting posts to keep you coming back.  I am  truly humbled.

    I thought of a Rolling Stones song today.  "This Could be the Last Time.

    We were standing in the cut your own field at Sinnissippi Tree Farm and I realized that at my age, cutting a tree is a lot of work for everyone around me.

    We have cut a tree almost every year since the mid 70s.  There is always something about going out in the brisk air, wandering until you find the perfect tree, then continuing to look, hoping for a better one, only to forget where the perfect one was.

    I have cut crooked trees, short trees,  tall trees, diseased trees, bug infested trees, and beautiful trees.  Every time has been a great experience and I wish it would never end.

    But today was different.  I could not cut, I could not carry, I could not load or unload...and I wondered if it was worth it, or if I could live with an artificial tree that could easily be put away at the end of the season.

    Then we, I mean John and Emily, put the tree up in the house and the smell of the tree just overwhelmed me.  I would miss that a lot, and no, a candle or incense would not take its place.

    The tree is bare.....will be for a week.  Camryn will come next weekend and help decorate it and I will be happy.

    It's a pretty tree.  Nice and round, like me.  

    This could be the last time, may be the last time......I really don't know.

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Wear a mask.  

Peace and Love

    The perfect tree.....John is starting to harvest it.

    Job done..

    It took several of the high schoolers to get the tree into the wrapping machine.

    Working on the tree

    It looks great....and will look even better lit and decorated.  I just wish the smell would last forever.  And  the memories too.


No comments:

Post a Comment