Wednesday, November 11, 2020

day........eh.....241

 I had a pretty busy day

    Physical therapy.  Two meetings.  Two loads of laundry.

    But the one event that occupied most of my time was cleaning the basement.

    I have a finished area downstairs.  After my surgery, that is going to be my recovery area.  I can go downstairs, watch tv, work on a puzzle, read, go through slides, and even nap if I feel like it.

    I will not be tempted to do anything involving lifting or moving objects.

    Despite us being home so much, I really have not been downstairs much in the past 6 months.  So it got dusty.  I moved plants downstairs about 3 weeks ago and they have dropped some leaves.  I have two puzzles on card tables.

    Months ago I got John to help me move a desk from the storage area to the finished area.  Today I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to move it from one side of the room to the other, because I put it in the wrong place.

    The desk kept falling off the dollies.  I ended up putting a board across them, but then the desk pushed off the front.  I found another board, wedged it it in front of the legs and finally moved the desk....to another wrong spot.

    I now have it in the third location and I think it is ok....near an outlet to plug in the slide sorter, below a window so I can see out, not in the way of the puzzles.  

    I also stripped the lights off the garland down there and there are plastic needles all over the place.

    I figure if I work for an hour or two for a couple of days I will have it nice and clean for me.  

    In that respects, I am glad it is cold outside.

    Tomorrow is Jackie's second cataract surgery....wish us well.

    Stay healthy  Stay masked.  Stay safe.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment