Monday, November 23, 2020

day....bored.....200 something

I am a little bored 


    I have weight lifting restrictions, so I can't lift much.  I have a little trouble doing stairs because of my foley bag.  Same with walking.  I am not uncomfortable, just the bag is over my knee making it hard to bend.

    I am reading "A Tale of Two Cities" and while it is not boring, it can be confusing.  Again, a book written 100 years ago uses words I may not be familiar with, and sentence structures that appear a little more complex than today's novels.  I have seen a lot of ; and , in this story.

    I have done a couple of crosswords, but I can't find my favorite crossword puzzle pencil so the going is slow.  And solitaire and on line crosswords, but that gets old.

    I don't want to nap because then I can't get to sleep at night.

    Geez, I am kind of a complainer!

    I did find an interesting article in today's Tribune.  A theater group in Chicago is doing "It's a Wonderful Life" live.  Via zoomm with an audience limited to 90 per show.

    There are six actors involved, two of them a couple, so a set was designed and built for five different locations.  Actors will do their roles via zoom and they will do live shows until Jan. 2.

    What made it more interesting, even great, is the sets were designed and built by Grant Sabin, a former fifth grader of mine who has gone on to a career in set design in the Chicago theater scene.  Connie and Kent... be proud.

    I don't know how they know if 90 people are in the audience.  If I buy one ticket, can Jackie sneak in?  I know.....it's a show and I will pay for everyone watching.

    When they say live, they mean live.    One actor was a little worried because his set is outside his son's bedroom and he hopes the lad doesn't wander out in the middle of a scene.  But I think that would just add to the experience.

    Anyway...doc tomorrow to get rid of my bag, hopefully.  Then I can start walking a little farther than the end of the driveway.

    Great meal tonight...stew from MK and Steve.....delicious and filling.

    You people always amaze me.

    Stay safe.  Stay distanced.  Sanitize.  Wear a mask.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment