Friday, November 13, 2020

day....TGIS......243

 Two more doctor appointments today

    Both for Jackie, both routine....checkup on her eye repair and plumbing fix.

    We were in DeKalb, and that means Starbucks.  (TGIS...Thank goodness for Starbucks!)

    We were in Rockford yesterday.   There are several Starbucks in Rockford.  The first one we went to was closed.

    The second one was packed...sort of.  Due to restrictions, only 6 people were allowed in at one time.  So people were waiting on the sidewalk.

    As I was waiting, it hit me to use my app and place a mobile order.  So I did. Then I waited.  In the windy, cold sun.  For 20 minutes.

    I still got my order before people who came before me and were waiting outside.      One woman was sent to pick up an order for friends and was complaining about the confusion on her order.  She said she worked at the new hospital in Rockford.  Several people said there was a Starbucks literally half a mile from the hospital.  For some reason, the poeple ordered from one that was a 10 minute drive, at least.

    Anyway, one of the clerks kept running out and calling names for mobile orders.  Three people left, so three of us went inside to wait...there must have been 15 drinks lined up on the counter.  

    It was at that point I realized I ordered the wrong item for me.  But I was not about to change it.

    Today was the same, but different.  Jackie likes the hot chocolate and I ordered one for her and a vanilla cappachino for me.  Only problem was, I wanted a latte.  I have to read the order more carefully.

    Tomorrow I hope to make it to Cypress House for a coffee there....then I think I am done until after surgery.  I don't want to be shaking from too much caffeine while an army of robots is prowling around my stomach.

    And tonight we got the pork chop dinners for the Community Action Network fundraiser.  I was a little confused when I initially ordered, so I got 5 one chop dinners and one 2 chop dinner.  For 4 of us.  In my defense, originally there were 5 people.

    Needless to say, we are having pork chops again Sunday.  And maybe Tuesday.

    But they were good, and it was for a good cause, so all is well that ends well.

    Stay safe.  Wear a mask.  Be vigilant.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment