Tuesday, November 10, 2020

day ......whoa!!.....240

 This was quite the weather day


    It started out fairly nice, but in the afternoon it turned terrible!

    Wind and pea size hail pelted our house.  I took a video of the event, but I had the phone the wrong way so the video is sideways.  Very hard to watch.

    Severe thunderstorm watch, warning, tornado watch, wind advisory....we had it all.

    The temp is supposed to be in the upper 20s around morning, which will be almost a 50 degree drop.

    Cripes.

    I actually got the rest of my chairs, cushions, herb garden, and the last couple of potted plants in before the storm hit.

    Once the hail started, I moved Jackie to the little bathroom because hail could be an early indicator of a tornado.  But we are all good.

    Emily went shopping for us over the weekend and found these:




    When I was little, Salerno put out a Christmas cookie called Jingles.  My parents were not wealthy, but we always had some Jingles around the house at the holidays.  I carried that love of Jingles into adulthood.  Some of my teacher friends would even buy them for me when they went on sale and I would freeze them, happily eating them all through the summer.

    Then they disappeared.  (The cookies, not the teachers.)

    They eventually resurfaced under a different baker but they were not anise flavored.

    Then several years ago Salerno brought them back, but with a differeent name.

    They have the same shapes...tree, wreath,  star, bell...and pretty much the same taste. 

    I think it's more the memory though that causes me to look forward to finding them every year.

    So....thank you Emily for finding me my first, but not last, box of Santa's Favorites, which will always be Jingles in my mind.

    I think I will have sweet dreams about them tonight.

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Wear a mask.

Peace ad Love


No comments:

Post a Comment