Wednesday, November 6, 2019

wow.....

Today was, well, hectic

     I went to school for mentoring, only to learn there was an early dismissal.  The trip was not wasted as I had stuff to drop off at the high school, which is just across the field.
     Then at 12:30 we had a gent come and measure our master bedroom for wood flooring.  Jackie drags a leg.  On the carpet, it creates a lot of friction and makes for a slow walk.  I think a wood floor would help her get around . Also, when we get an electric scooter, it will be easier to maneuver on the hardwood than on carpet.
     As soon as Chad walked out the door, the people came to pick up the golf cart.  And the plumber called to see if he could stop.   Loaded the cart, led them to Emily and John's where they picked up the second cart then went back home just in time to meet the plumber.
     We have a toilet that runs.  Turns out a faulty seal may be the cause, so the seal was replaced and I have not heard it run.  Yet.
     Then I carried in the patio umbrella and pulled carrots.... a lot of carrots.
Tomorrow I will wash them and then we will blanch them and put them in the freezer, making sure I close the door.
     Then I tried to create a slide show for a talk I am giving next week.....and that is proving to be a nightmare.  I can't use a program like Google Presentations because there is no Internet.  And I can't use my PC and connect to a TV because my PC seems to be dead due to a  non replaceable battery issue.
     I'll be honest....it was hard with Jackie tonight.  Her mobility seems to slip away a little more each day. 
     I spent the last hour binge eating and playing solitaire because it has jut been a stressful day.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment