Thursday, November 21, 2019

let there be light

I put up Christmas lights today

     I need someone to spain sometin to me, Lucy.
     I have 30 strands of lights.  I test the all before I put them away.  If they don't work, I don't put them away.
     So why are 3 strands not working this year?  Seriously.....they have not been used in 11 months, how can they burn out?
     I know almost all of the stuff is made in China.  That always makes me kind of laugh.  We buy billions of dollars of Christmas stuff made in a country where they don't celebrate the holiday, and probably don't understand why we Americans keep buying the stuff.
     We are of the older generation that still sends Christmas cards, and it was hard to find cards made in the USA.  I know that sounds trite....but if we can't produce Christmas cards in this country, we are in trouble.
     And maddeningly, it is our choice.  we don't have to buy the made in China stuff.  We can find alternatives....unless it is electronics, cell phones, can openers.  Oh my gosh, there is not much choice!
     Thanks to Julia, I have tickets for the Cubs and St. Louis in London next June.  It should be a fun time.
     Anyone with a week or two to spare is welcome to camp out at my house and help out Jackie.   Just sayin.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment